Win 2 x Industry Level Passes to Brighton Music Conference + New Novation Music Equipment
- Published on Friday, 28 March 2014 14:04
In only two weeks time, the most influential people on the global electronic music scene will descend in droves on our fair southern city of Brighton for an epic two-day conference over the 11th and 12th of April, to discuss and debate over every fascinating detail of the flourishing scene, to air new ideas and technology, teach and learn about the music business and network the bajaysus out of each other.
It’s the birth of what is sure to become an annual event, and if you’re uncertain if Brighton Music Conference has the pulling power of its global music conference predecessors, have a look at the dance industry companies that have thrown their weight behind the event. Panelists, speakers and sponsors are sourced from the executive echelons of Beatport, Spotify, Novation, BBC Radio 1, Spinnin’ Records, Native Instruments, PRS for Music, Funktion1, DJ Mag, Mixcloud and Resident Advisor.
What’s more, you’ll be hearing from the legendary dance music commentator Bill Brewster, co-author of the most famous book in dance music – Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, plus Q&As with artists Dave Clark, John 00 Fleming, Steve Mac, Orbital and a key interview with Eats Everything, who will be fielding questions from RA’s chief editor Ryan Keeling (and happens to be a hilarious dude). Yeah, we’re sold.
A business and education conference like this is not only invaluable to those working in the industry, but a fantastic learning opportunity for punters who are simply passionate and curious about the scene. Topics to be covered include The History of Electronic Music, The Future of Artist – Fan Connections, How to get an Agent, The Importance of Audio Quality and so many more.
This is electronic music of course and whilst we work hard, we play harder. With that in mind the city of Brighton will be hosting many a clubbing shindig across the weekend, to diffuse all that thinking we’ve been doing and remind us why we’re all here in the first place.
MEOKO wants you involved in this – and we don’t do things by halves. We are offering one lucky reader the chance to win the following:
2 X full conference passes for both days, valued at £172 and usually reserved for industry only (it gets you into everything).
A two day Conference Pass includes:
- Entrance to the Conference talks held in the Studio theatre which consists of 8 insightful panels, and trend discussions with the scene's leading players
- Exhibition and all talks held in the Foundry room, Exhibition floor and Cafe which includes 20 Masterclasses, Showcases & Q&A's per day.
- Access to the conference pass holder mezzanine bar over the two days.
- A copy of International Showcase The Music Business Guide for the first 200 to register valued at £75.
- Entrance to BMC endorsed evening, networking events on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
BMC pass INDUSTRY ONLY events include:
- Thursday 10th April: BMC Welcome party with Black Rock Records & PRS featuring Steve Mac, Dead Celebrities, HOI!, State Unknown, Mandyngo / Above Audio.
- Friday 11th April 2014: BMC industry networking event with Seamas Haji & Andy Mac / Cloak.
- Therapy with Ash Lomas, Richie A, Stammers & Matthew Matheson / Ninja Bar.
- Saturday 12th April: Ableton & BMC BBQ and showcase with Adrian Pickard, Phelan KaneInpuht– Live, Calc – Live, J-Me* Griffiths (exHybrid Scratch DJ), Bitbin, EONE, Phink, Tom Cornish, Juice, Oana Leca Neighbourhood.
- Soulshine with Seamus Haji & Mick Fuller Ninja Bar.
- Plus entry to BMC endorsed club events on the Friday and Saturday night
(Entry for each venue is on a first come first served basis subject to capacity)
In addition to this brilliant conference experience, you will also win two fantastic pieces of Novation equipment, presented to MEOKO by BMC for the budding or professional music makers among us that love the latest in dance music technology.
Novation prize includes:
1 x Novation Launchpad S (worth £150)
1 x Launch Control (worth £80)
That’s a total prize pack valued at over £400 including a unique industry experience and state of the art equipment. So I imagine you’ll be wondering how to enter?