Win Tickets to the Ultimate Chocolate Festival
- Published on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 11:53
Excellent news for the chocoholics among us - The Chocolate Festival is returning soon to the UK, ready to indulge all your weird and wonderful chocolate whims!
Coming to Brighton, Bristol, Oxford and London, The Chocolate Festival will be a luxurious and multi-sensory experience, all in the name of the sweet, sweet dark stuff. The Chocolate Festival has been perfecting its own art since 2009 and is now one of the biggest events on the food festival calendar. You will stroll through the indoor venue taste-testing the finest artisan chocolates on the market, which trust us, is an outing in itself. This year, however, organisers have gone the extra mile and really beefed up the ‘festival’ aspect of the event, creating a chocolate-based activity schedule you’ve surely never experienced before…
The festival includes (try not to dribble):
- Tasting Lounge with Seventy%: World-renowned chocolate expert Martin Christy guides you through a tantalising taste discovery session
- The Cocoa Spa with Hotel Chocolat: Soothe your senses with luxurious cocoa butter beauty treatments that boast fantastic moisturising powers and the most delicious smell known to man.
- The Chocolate Café: Chocolate moustaches all round as you kick back with the creamiest hot chocolates in town.
- Brownie Trail: Join the quest to hunt down the best ever chocolate brownie. A great one for the kids, or the adults who can’t grow up which, let’s face it, is most die-hard chocolate fans.
- Easter Zone: Easter eggs! Easter eggs everywhere! Over forty chocolate companies have entered a display in this Easter exhibit.
- Health Zone: Discover the health benefits and unexpected deliciousness of free-from chocolate.
- The Chocolate Market: Britain’s top artisan chocolate companies all under one roof and vying for your patronage – nightmare!
- Tea & Coffee Zone: Does what it says on the tin.
We recommend running in empty and rolling out a spherical, satisfied, groaning mass of sticky chocolate… but feel free to enjoy your day in moderation if you prefer (yawn).
If you can’t make it to London, chocolate will be flowing freely in all of these cities…
- Brighton – Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 March 2014, Brighton Dome Corn Exchange. 10am to 6pm daily.
- Bristol – Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 April, Brunel’s Old Station. 10am to 6pm daily.
- London – Friday 11 to Sunday 13 April and Friday 12 to Sunday 14 December, The Business Design Centre, Islington. 1pm to 8pm Friday, 10am to 8pm Saturday and 10am to 3pm Sunday.
- Oxford – Friday 18 to Saturday 19 April, Oxford Town Hall. 10am to 6pm daily.
For more information, and a bustling online chocolate community, head to festivalchocolate.co.uk
All hail the blessed cocoa bean, and its many modern wonders.